[3830] IARU W6QU(W8QZA) SO SSB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wparker2@san.rr.com
Subject: [3830] IARU W6QU(W8QZA) SO SSB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 13:24:35 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: W6QU
Operator(s): W8QZA
Station: W8QZA

Class: SO SSB QRP
QTH: San Diego, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:           0      0
   80:           9      5
   40:          25      8
   20:          56     16
   15:          23     13
   10:           8      5
---------------------------
Total:   0     121     47  Total Score = 16,215

Club:

Team:

Comments:

This was my first time in this contest. They apparently introduced a QRP
category last year, but I missed it.

I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of activity in this contest!  It made
operating the contest a lot of fun.  I was only able to do 12 hours because of a
wedding we had to attend.  But next year I will be in it for the full 24 hours!

The idea of using primarily zones for multipliers is interesting.  It gives me
an idea of how much of the Earth's surface I covered during the contest.  On the
other hand, the entire Carribean and most of Central America gives one
multiplier (plus a few HQ stations)!

Station: W8QZA

Xcvr:  ICOM FT-817

Antennas:

1. Mosley TA-33M Tribander with 40 M extension at 32 feet
2. Alpha Delta DX-LB trap dipole, up 30 feet in the center, and mounted as an
inverted V for 160-80-40.
3. Force 12 Sigma 40XK for 40.