[3830] IARU AD4EB SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ad4eb@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] IARU AD4EB SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 18:52:02 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: AD4EB
Operator(s): AD4EB
Station: AD4EB

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): 23

  160:
   80:  122     59     13
   40:  286     58     25
   20:  286    638     52
   15:   66     20     21
   10:    4     18     10
---------------------------
Total:  764    793    121  Total Score = 438,867

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Team:

Comments:

Expected exceptional DX band conditions, based on propagation during the
evenings leading up to this contest.  Worked 150+ Russian and European CW
stations Tuesday and Wednesday nights.  Conditions quickly changed during the
contest due to the M2.4 coronal mass ejection that hit Saturday at 2145z.

Had difficulty working Europe, but was glad to see high participation by North
and South American contesters.  So ended up with plenty of QSOs, but not many
multipliers.  At times had the highest rates I've ever experienced (up to
300/hr)which made this contest exciting.

First chance to test out a new IC-756ProIII, which worked like a champ and was
wonderful to listen with.  Only had one problem, due to operator error.  Was
using the built in voice recorder/player to call CQ, and noticed about 5 minutes
or so passed without any answers to my repeated CQing.  Finally realized that I
was on LSB on 20m, I had accidently pushed the SSB button which is located
directly below the F-1 function button used to send message #1. Rather
embarassing HI.

Hope everyone had fun.

73 - Jim - AD4EB