[3830] NAQP RTTY VA7ST Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY VA7ST Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 23:14:56 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 7

   80:   39    14
   40:   83    36
   20:  119    42
   15:    2     2
   10:
-------------------
Total:  243    94  Total Score = 22,842

Club:

Team: TCG Jazz

Comments:

High band conditions were lousy here. Low bands a bit better than I expected,
but no hell.

Played in this one with one arm tied behind my back (power line noise). Took 2.5
hrs off during the afternoon, then decided to join the family golf tournament
barbecue in the early evening for another 2.5 hours. While there, I was chatting
with my wife's uncle about the contest and how the power lines were playing
havoc for me. Long story short, he's a repair crew supervisor for the local
power utility (which I had forgotten). They're in our neighborhood Monday
morning working on a broken pole down the street. They'll check out the pole
I've reported (and had crews look at before) -- and get it fixed.

Sure hope it works this time. Gotta love those personal networks. And to think I
was just going to tough it out on an early 40M band instead.

Score is up from last July's 17,860 pts, but with a beam now and all the new
delta loops I had higher hopes than 22,000 and 243Qs. Sure enjoyed the evening
with parasitic delta loops on 40M playing FB at last. Decided to remove the
switchable matching stub from the reflector and just make that loop 5% longer
than the director. Worked beautifully for a change.

80M delta loop worked all right, once I realized which feedline belonged to it.
(First 10 Qs were on an 18' trapped vertical).

Had a lot of fun, and enjoyed seeing all the familiar and new-to-me calls.
Thanks for the Qs!