[3830] NAQP RTTY K8AJS Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jbastin@sssnet.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY K8AJS Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 07:22:17 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY

Call: K8AJS
Operator(s): K8AJS
Station: K8AJS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 10

   80:   74    35
   40:  111    45
   20:  139    35
   15:    0     0
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  324   115  Total Score = 37,260

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

Conditions on 20 meters were shaky at the beginning. Then around the 2000-2100Z
time frame the band seemed to go long, and I found myself working as many
Europeans as NA.

Things were better on 40 meters in terms of signal strengths and rates.
Surprisingly, in spite of the thunderstorms around the area, neither 40 nor 80
seemed to have a lot of atmospheric noise. Finally very late, almost midnight
local time the noise level on 80 started to increase and signal strengths were
dropping. Luckily, I had operated straight through except for one half hour
break, so at 12:30 AM local time I was done.

Rig: FT1000MP 100 watts
Antennas: 3-el quad, Carolina Windom
Software: WriteLog 10.54C with MMTTY