[3830] NCCC Sprint(7-29) N3BB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n3bb@mindspring.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint(7-29) N3BB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 04:29:10 -0700
                    NCCC Thursday Sprint (7-29)

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Austin, TX
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   0
   80:   0
   40:  17
   20:  32
---------------------
Total:  49     Mults = 14  Total Score = 686

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Seemed like more and newer stations on.  Good!

Got beat out quite often.  Was in the worst rhythm ever in an NS.  It seemed
everyone was starting a new QSO every time I tuned for a new couplet.

I never heard K6XX at all, and never worked elusive N6RO a single time although
I heard Ken a lot.  I either got beat out to him when I called or he was
starting a QSO.  He either never called me or was beaten out in some fierce pile
ups at times when I was receiving the frequency after an initial couplet QSO.

There were some terrific pile ups when it was a "jump ball."  I had to call "?"
several times as I was unable to get the calls out of the pile ups.  Those who
called again quickly were on the ball as part of their calls would clear.  Call
recognition is critical in this as there were several times I heard only one or
two letters but went back to stations who called in a pile up, and it was the
right guess every time.  "i" was K4BAI, "va" was The Locust, "nr" was VA3NR,
"ay" was VE3UAY, "v" was K7NV.  It's clear that call familiarity pays off in the
NS and in the real Sprint too.

Most frequently worked:

K4BAI6
N4OGW 5
K4RO 4

Least frequently worked:

N6RO 0
K6XX 0 (never heard)

Wow!

Loudest stations here (none Weat Coast):

K4LTA, N4OGW, K4RO, NB1B, W5JAW (local)...

Got beat out to start the contest (K6VVA as I called K4BAI) and at the end of
the contest (can't remember who). Lousy finish for me this time.

Had six different minutes with three QSOs logged!  That may be a first for me in
the NS.

Used 23 WPM for the first 15 minutes and 29 WPM for the final 15 minutes.
Stations would slow down to my 23 WPM when I called them.  Good compliance with
the rules.  Thanks.

Signals were loud on both 20 and 40.  Never listened on 80 or 160 as things were
too active on the main two bands.  40 was fairly noisy due to storms earlier in
the afternoon.

QSO rates every ten minutes: 14 (at 23 WPM), 17 (at an average of 26 WPM), 19
(at 29 WPM).  The speed does make a difference!

Never heard K5PTC even once!  Thanks to W5JAW for the rare TX mult!

Mults worked in order worked worked: CA, ON, TN, GA, MS, TX, WA, IN, OH, MD, NV,
MA, KS, MI.

Was excited to receive two low numbers from mults late in the NA: #3 from K0BJ
in KS and #2 from W8UE in MI (at 0258Z!).  Thanks!

The 7/22 NS format still is the one on my web page.  Had to link to the 7/29
format through one of the 7/27 score submitter's report.

As always, a LOTTA fun!  Really enjoy this, and my mechanics are better every
time.  Thanks NCCC!