[3830] IOTA MM0Q Multi-Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mm0bqi@blueyonder.co.uk
Subject: [3830] IOTA MM0Q Multi-Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 15:07:58 -0700
                    IOTA Contest

Call: MM0Q
Operator(s): MM0BQI, GM0NTL
Station: MM0Q

Class: Multi-Op LP
QTH: EU92
Operating Time (hrs): 24

   80:    8       7       66       25
   40:   40      14       96       34
   20:    4       4      647       65
   15:    7       5      127       26
   10:    3       2       12        8
Total:   62      32      948      158  Total Score = 1,417,020

Club: Summer Isles Radio Club

Comments:

Much better conditions than last year and a doubling of our raw score.  Must do
more to find and work CW mults for next year. Best runs were the first and last
hours of the contest with little happening early Sunday morning.
We managed to keep the station on air for the full 24 hours, each of us taking a
three hour sleep during the night.  With hindsight we could have shut down
between 0200 and 0600 and probably been more effective for the last six hours.
Weather was fairly sunny and warm with occasional clouds of midges descending,
unsualy when the generator had to be refilled.
Equipment: 2 x MP, ICE BPF and N1MM logging with a networked laptop and desktop
PC. N1MM worked perfectly but hopefully there will be better support for the
mult hunting station next year.
Antennas:  Butternut HF6V, Sigma Vertical and inverted V diploes for 80/40/20 at
30 feet.
Great fun, thanks for the Qs.