[3830] NAQP CW W9RE Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w9re@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW W9RE Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 08:28:17 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: W9RE
Operator(s): W9RE
Station: W9RE

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IN
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:  132    45
   80:  197    49
   40:  220    54
   20:  272    49
   15:   96    34
   10:   18    14
-------------------
Total:  935   245  Total Score = 226,870

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team: SMC #1

Comments:

Lucked out and had storms on Friday and just rain Saturday morning so the bands
were quite clear.  Conditions always seem to be better in the contest then when
listening days before the contest to assess conditions. 80 and 160 were very
runnable here most of the evening with decent rates.

I always have trouble being heard on 15 (several stations cq in my face
normally) so with K7NV's advice I put up a low bi directional antenna a wire
bi-square and it may have helped somewhat.  It only took me 4 minutes to finally
work N4ZZ, this time!  With so few stations on and bad conditions prior to the
contest it was hard to evaluate.

Thanks to all who moved, especially K4JXN for that elusive KY mult.  I have a
very directional receive antenna on 160 and normally listened West and maybe I
didn't spin the knob enough, already heard from N4GG who said I didn't hear him,
let me know if I didn't hear you on 160.

This is my best August effort by about 100 q's and of course a high for me.
Everything went pretty good, left several mults on the table on 10 meters as
during one of my off times there was an opening to the east coast.  I thought
there would be a later opening and there was but no one was there.  At about
2230z I heard some East coast beacons on 10 and did move 2 stations there and I
called alternating cq's as suggested by N6TR but nobody came back.

Thanks to all the stations that made this stupid contest fun even though it's in
August.