[3830] NAQP CW N6WG Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6wg@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N6WG Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 16:35:46 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: N6WG
Operator(s): N6WG
Station: N6WG

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Newark CA
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:   13     4
   80:   30     7
   40:   84    39
   20:  121    41
   15:   20    10
   10:    3     1
-------------------
Total:  271   102  Total Score = 27,642

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: Team #3

Comments:

This was a really satisying outing, as I more than made my goal.
I had hoped to beat my previous best score of 20,592, but was
real worried about conditions.  Ten and 15m contributed very
little to me this time, and they had been big bands for me in
the past.  Twenty meters had to do the heavy lifting this time
around, and it worked well for me.
My 20m antenna is just my 40m short dipole with tuned feeders,
but it gives me two nearly half waves in phase, and is aimed just
right for the east coast.
The same antenna covers 40m and 80m too, so I was able to QSY
as needed.
I wound up with 27,642 points, a 34% improvement over my previous
best August score.  271 QSOs and 102 multipliers.
The most interesting time was having W6OAT move me from band to
band to pick up some extra QSOs.  Worked very well, so now I have
to learn to be the one to ask for the QSY.
Running QRP did not feel like a handicap, as I worked nearly
everyone I called.  There were a few that got away, but not many.
The contest season is now open, for me anyway, and I'm raring to
go.  Hope to see you all in the next contest.
73, Bob N6WG
The Little Station with Attitude