[3830] ARRL UHF KB8U Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL UHF KB8U Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 15:18:01 -0700
                    ARRL August UHF QSO Party

Call: KB8U
Operator(s): KB8U
Station: KB8U

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EN71
Operating Time (hrs):

  222:   44    26
  432:   48    28
  903:   13    11
  1.2:   19    14
  2.3:    8     8
  3.4:    3     3
  5.7:
  10G:    2     2
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  137    92  Total Score = 57,408

Club:

Comments:

There was good propagation over the Lake Michigan area.  This was my 2nd best
UHF contest and I worked several new grids.  I went to bed around midnight local
time and got up two hours later.  That was bad timing, the tropo _really_
stretched out and both K8MD (EN82) and WA8RJF (EN91) mentioned working KM0T
(EN13) through 2304 MHz!  I did work KM0T on 222 before I hit the hay but the
signals were weak and I incorrectly figured the path was history and didn't stay
awake.  There was no sign of KM0T at 2 A.M. after I learned of the big opening.
Other notable QSOs were to K2YAZ (EN74) on 10GHz and W9RVG (EM57) on 1296.

This isn't a very popular contest which is too bad because there's frequently
decent conditions this time of year.  To all those who sat it out: You missed a
good one this time, don't skip it next year!  I had a blast.

-Russell  KB8U