[3830] ARRL UHF W0ZQ/R Rover HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL UHF W0ZQ/R Rover HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 06:40:01 -0700
                    ARRL August UHF QSO Party

Call: W0ZQ/R
Operator(s): W0ZQ
Station: W0ZQ/R

Class: Rover HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  222:   92    15
  432:   92    15
  903:   40     4
  1.2:   55     5
  2.3:   32     3
  3.4:   33     3
  5.7:   18     2
  10G:   27     3
  24G:    6     1
-------------------
Total:  395    63  Total Score = 158,382

Club: Northern Lights Radio Society

Comments:

I activated EN12, 13, 14, 15, 22, 23, 24, 25, 32, 33, 34, and 35.   All the
equipment worked, nothing broke, Saturday it was a pleasant 76 degrees, and even
the bugs were down.   Best DX on 222 (4 ele yagi, 120 watts) was about 540
miles.  Best DX on 10G and 24G was 174 and 114 miles respectively.

I saw very good activity out of the northern Ill, Wisc, MN gang; thanks to the
NLRS, Badger Contesters, and Chippewa Valley clubs for their promotion of
Rovermania II.   On Saturday evening, when I was straddling the EN23/22 grid
line, I ran 37 Q's in just over an hour .... almost like Sweepstakes !   At the
same time I did miss many of the other rovers (only 9 of 395 Q's were with other
rovers) and that hurt my multiplier count.

Quite the fun contest.  If you are a contester who is only into rates, this
probably isnt the contest for you.  If you like eeking weak signals out of the
ether and the challenge of creating an effective UHF station, you have a home.
Thanks to the ARRL for continuing to sponsor the UHF contest just as it is.  In
turn, its up to us and our local clubs to continue to increase activity.   Look
for Rovermania III August 5 & 6, 2006.

Jon, W0ZQ/R