[3830] WAE CW ZL3TE(W3SE) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, W3SE@xtra.co.nz
Subject: [3830] WAE CW ZL3TE(W3SE) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 03:49:18 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: ZL3TE
Operator(s): W3SE
Station: ZL3TE

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Auckland
Operating Time (hrs): 26

   80:
   40:  146   106    84
   20:   49    32    42
   15:
   10:
-------------------------
Total:  195   138   126  Total Score = 41,958

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Just when I thought the cycle could not get any lower, it managed to the second
day of the contest.  Contest stsrted SFI=76 A=6, then Sunday the A went up to
15.  Interestingly enough, 40 played very well, glad it did since 20 was a wash
and never heard a peep on 15/10.  I did hear ZL6QH once on 15 for the only
signal I heard on the band.

Was surprised by 40 and how well it did, I was worried since my Sunset was after
the main EU Sunrise, I thought no chance of grayline, but I was surprised,
worked stations 2 hours before local SS.  decided to change my plans and head
off to bed, snd wait for the Eastern EU Sunset, which meant getting back on at
1600 UTC (0400 Local) then attacking 40 again.

My first time working with QTC's, took a bit of finding out how CT sends them.
makes things intetresting, I Thought if the condx were good enough, the EU's
will ask for them.  Congrats to ZL1AIH and ZL4BR as well, heard them passing out
some high numbers.  Tought to point my Vert towards EU.

Word of caution...DON'T Trust the cluster spots for accuracy! be careful when
you grab a spot... I had several stations come back to work me I kept sending
QSO B4 ... several insisted I was wrong.  after the contest I took a look on DX
Summit.. some spots were wrong.

Thanks for the Q's and the excellent EU Ops that pulled my signal from the
noise.  Puts things into perspective from here.. we are directly opposite our
target,  Is ther a long or short path to EU from here? If so, not much diference
 I'm thinking..

73,

Wes W3SE/ZL3TE