[3830] NCCC Sprint(8-19) N3BB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N3BB@mindspring.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint(8-19) N3BB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 20:21:03 -0700
                    NCCC Thursday Sprint (8-19)

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Austin, TX
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   0
   80:   0
   40:  14
   20:  29
---------------------
Total:  43     Mults = 13  Total Score = 559

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

My wife and I were away last week.  It was fun to be home and take part again.

A disappointing effort on my part tonight, as I was not in the groove very
often.  It was hard to find stations on 20 ending a QSO so I could call some
one.  40 seemed to be more active, and I called plenty of "inactive radio" CQs
there, yet I kept looking for new couplets on 20 as the band was open.  Perhaps
that was a mistake.  I went to 80 the last 5 minutes but it was a mistake as no
one out west (K7NV, K6XX, K6VVA etc.) could hear me when I called them.  I
didn't call any CQs there.  My last ten minutes was the poorest time segment for
me in quite a while as a result.

Rate (1st ten mins, 2nd ten mins, 3rd ten mins)

14,15,11, so I did very poorly in the final 10 minutes.

Mults worked in the order worked: CA (Tnx NCCC), TX (Tnx W5JAW), NV (Tnx K7NV),
CO (Tnx K0UK), MB (Tnx VE4XT), FL (Tnx W5JBV/M), WA (Tnx NG7Z), SD (Tnx WD0T),
OH (Tnx NN8UU), GA (Tnx K4LW), NH (Tnx WA1Z), TN (Tnx W4NZ and K4LTA), ON (Tnx
VA3NR).

Heard the elusive K4BAI several times but never worked John-don't think I ever
called him!  Heard the Pesky Texan (K5PTC) but never worked him.

Thanks again to the NCCC.

Jim N3BB