[3830] NA Sprint CW N6WG QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6wg@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW N6WG QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 11:52:24 -0700
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: N6WG
Operator(s): N6WG
Station: N6WG

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Newark CA
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:  11     .5 hr
   40:  40    1.5 hr
   20:  36      2 hr
---------------------
Total:  87     Mults = 29  Total Score = 2,523

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC #2

Comments:

Well, nothing great was achieved, but I did have my best September
Sprint score so far.  Only 17% down from my best Sprint score ever
last February, so fairly pleased.  Made 87 Qs and 29 mults this time
as condx were much better than I expected.  The NCCC Sprint practice
sessions really did help me.
Next year my goal will be to break 100 QSOs in September Sprint.
I've already done that in February Sprint.
Biggest mistakes were spending too much time CQing and too much time
on 80m.  CQing doesn't work well for a QRP Sprint station.  My 80m
dipole is just my 40m dipole, and it's not really adequate.  20m and
40m were my workhorse bands, with nearly equal Qs.
I had fun anyway, with my QRP K2 and wire antennas.  Sure got some
serious score envy though, hearing those 300+ numbers along the way :-)
Still have 5 thumbs on each hand when I get excited, and start
smashing keys on the laptop.  Gotta get a better handle on this :-)
See you all in CQP next month.
73, Bob N6WG
The Little Station with Attitude