[3830] NA Sprint CW K1TO/M(@K5KG/M) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k1to@aol.com, fcg@kkn.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW K1TO/M(@K5KG/M) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 21:26:55 -0700
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: K1TO/M
Operator(s): K1TO
Station: K5KG/M

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 2.5

   80:    0       0
   40:   80    1:15
   20:   88    1:16
---------------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Team:

Comments:

Tnx to K5KG for driving back from the Melbourne hamfest/FCG club meetings and
allowing me to operate with his IC-706 and Screwdriver.  George's set-up works
well and it was surprising to have so many hear us.  38 QSOs with W6, which is
23% - not bad from a /m.

As expected, there were not a lot of times that we won the pileup shootout, so
mults heard and not worked included VP9, KP4, UT, CO, WV and AL.  Also heard
8P6JD working folks just b4 the Sprint and wonder if anyone coerced him into
giving a QSO number.

Timing for the CW Sprints is tough for many of us in FL, since the Orlando
hamfest occurs on the 2nd weekend of Feb. and the centrally-located Melbourne
hamfest occurs on the 2nd weekend of Sept.

Hearty thanks to tower stud Blake, N4GI for helping me tremendously today to
repair some direct and indirect damage that dates back to Hurricane Charley 13
months ago.  Still more left to do at the home station, both inside and out...

73, Dan