[3830] NA Sprint CW N6AN(@W6UE) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, davidchodge@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW N6AN(@W6UE) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 13:54:22 -0700
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: N6AN
Operator(s): N6AN
Station: W6UE

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   85    1:10
   40:  118    1:30
   20:   99    1:20
---------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #1

Comments:

Wow, my first time in front of a radio since making a few QSOs in the IARU.
The operator is willing but the technique is rusty, hi!  I tried to tune up by
studying Tree's amazing 123 hour recording from February.  It was certainly
inspiring!  Somehow I felt slow out of the gate this time and my 66 QSO 3rd hour
confirmed my sluggishness.  Very glad to have crossed the 300 QSO threshold
anyway.  Hourly breakdown: 80/79/66/78.
Multipliers were my strong suit this time.  Thanks to KL7WV for being so patient
while I pulled him out of the noise with the antenna pointed the wrong
direction.  Calls from VE6 and XM2 were also much welcomed.  I synched with KO7X
in the last 30 minutes on 80...thanks Alan!  I wish I'd heard XE1BEF, and the RI
station.  The first hour netted 33 mults on 20.  40 was good for another 13.  I
got 3 more on 80, which is unusual.
Apologies to K4BAI for not being savvy enough or quick enough to get him in my
log on 20 after I thought we'd already worked.  My numb silence got him thinking
I'd QSYed.  He sent "Gee" and moved on.  I couldn't remember in the heat of the
moment what to change in my TR CNTL J file.  Sorry, John!
Thanks to everyone for being on the air.  I was heartened there was still
activity from states hit hard by Katrina.
This is my favorite 4 hours on the radio!

David Hodge,  N6AN/XE1NTT @W6UE