[3830] ARRL Sep VHF N8UM Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF N8UM Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 07:31:54 -0700

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  323   144  Total Score = 65,232

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

K5QE was in on tropo all weekend 50 - 432.  Had this happen several years ago in
the UHF test when N0HJZ had a similar signal from a ski area ridge top in MN.
Glad to see more activity on the microwaves here in the southeast!  The Es got
short on Sunday evening but nothing ever materialized on 2 meters.  The new 1296
50w box failed again.  It would operate for one transmission then die.  I had to
"cock" it before each qso then ask the guys to follow my drifting signal down in
frequency...  Finally an exciting September test!