[3830] NA Sprint SSB K6VVA HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dx35@hilding.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB K6VVA HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 10:23:09 -0700
                    NA Sprint SSB Contest

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): ~1.5

   80:   39     ~.5
   40:    0       0
   20:   71     ~!1
---------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC #2

Comments:

Rig: TS-870S+AL80B * A3@33ft * Carolina Windom Inv Vee Apex@42ft

Part-time, although was having a real ball the 1st half hour...actually ahead of
some of the big guns and right behind others for a while until a several minute
nice mini rag-chew with WP2Z about St. Croix :-)

No Murphy problems here, bug my planned 1 hour on 80m at the end was cut short
due to Mr. Murphy hitting all 3 copy machines at the office.  Had 4 sets of 200+
page real estate docs I had to go deal with in the midst of the Sprint.  One
machine totally took a dump in the middle, the ADF on another crapped out, and
ADF skewing problems with the 3rd.  Go figure!

Post Contest Murphy Strike: I got up at 3:45AM Sunday morning for the drive to
S.F. where I spent the day driving a taxi cab in a new Will Smith movie titled
"The Pursuit Of Happyness" (that's the way they spell it).  The 'beater' cab I
ended up with was something else.  When I got into it, the rear view mirror was
laying on the floor.  About 20 times I had to back the hill for several blocks
holding the rear view mirror in my right hand.  They finally gave me some 'goop'
to try and do a temporary fix, but that never worked and ended up being a real
mess.

I must confess the catered breakfast, BBQ'd prime-rib lunch and having two young
'attractive' actresses in the back seat of my cab to chew-the-rag with near the
end helped offset all the time spent sitting in traffic.  Way to many visits to
the craft services table on set, however, and I expect to gain a few pounds.

When the movie comes out, look for Cab #241...I'm the driver with the Hawaiian
shirt and the bald head :-)