[3830] CQ WW RTTY K3IXD/4 SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, esteeble@sc.rr.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY K3IXD/4 SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 17:32:11 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: K3IXD/4
Operator(s): K3IXD
Station: K3IXD

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: SC - EM93va
Operating Time (hrs): 7

   80:   13   15       9       2     2
   40:   27   52      12      13     7
   20:   77  164      19      29    14
   15:   21   55       2      18     9
   10:    4   11       0       3     3
Total:  142  297      42      65    35  Total Score = 42,174

Club: Low Country Contest Club

Comments:

This was my first CQWW RTTY contest. A week before the contest I could not get
the software working but finally did. Then it took me a while to get the
receiver and transmitter on the same frequencies! Once all that was straighten
out, I enjoyed it and was surprised at the conditions given the other RTTY
contests that I entered this year. The high light was being called by a HZ
station. I was surprised to work four stations on 10m and none were in the US.
I did work ten countries for which I do not yet have a digital QSL card. After
each RTTY contest I update my macros, and based upon reading the traffic on the
3830 and RTTY reflectors I will be changing some of my macros. However if you
come back to me with ?K3IXD?, not ?K3IXD/4? you will get the long macro that
gives the call as ?K3IXD/4? before I send you my report. BTW I would like to see
a space or line feed at the beginning and end of all transmissions. That helps
in parsing the text received. The rig is an ICOM 746, SteppIRBiggIR vertical for
40m thru 10m and inv v at 40 feet for 80m. The software is N1MM Logger with the
N1MM RTTY engine. Thanks for the QSOs and look for me in other RTTY contests.