[3830] CQ WW RTTY KR7X(@K7ZSD) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kr7x@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY KR7X(@K7ZSD) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 08:59:00 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: KR7X
Operator(s): KR7X
Station: K7ZSD

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Oregon
Operating Time (hrs): 32

   80:   60    71       26       5     6
   40:  295   561       41      39    23
   20:  593  1316       47      70    31
   15:  286   542       43      33    23
   10:   10    28        1       5     5
Total: 1244  2518      158     152    88  Total Score = 1,002,164

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

My first CQWW RTTY test. Conditions were not super but better than expected.
Equipment, setup and "brain seizure" problems plagued the start and lost about 2
hours of prime band openings. My attempt at SO2R went down the tubes at the
start and operated the test with one radio. Since I have never op'd the CQWW
before didn't know what to expect, what a hoot! Only problem is that this old
fart's body isn't up to doing a full 48 hour test any more.

I want to thank Brad and the lovely Ruthy for allowing me to interrupt their
lives for the weekend and for the tremendous hospitality they showed me during
my stay. They are the true measure of the spirit of amateur radio, thanks
again.

All in all it was great fun but it will take several days for my body and mind
to recoop. Thanks to all who participated and especially those that stopped by
and gave me a Q.

Ciao and 73

Hank/KR7X