[3830] CQ WW RTTY K0BX SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0bx@qsl.net
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY K0BX SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 10:41:38 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: K0BX
Operator(s): K0BX
Station: K0BX

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: MO
Operating Time (hrs): 8

   80:    0    0       0        0     0
   40:   61  121      16       29    13
   20:  116  292      18       49    30
   15:   55  162       1       34    16
   10:    0    0       0        0     0
Total:  232  575      35      112    59  Total Score = 118,450

Club: MVDX/CC

Comments:

Very good conditions.  15 meters was wide open and there were station all the
way up to SSB 21.200 MHZ.  I wonder if the USA stations remembered to reduced
their power in the NOVICE band??
I only had a limited about of time to operated so I mostly S&P. All QSO's are
important but I did my share of 'Cherry Picking' the rarer DX.  That included:
9M2, A6, BY, ET, FR, HS, JT and 7X, V5 and ZS on 40 meters.
I ran 100 watts except for those rare times that I need the KW.
SOAB(assisted) had no power limit.  I didn't have to worry about going to a
diffrent catagory when I used the AMP.
Rig IC-756PROIII, Drake L-7 when used. Hygain 204BA 4 elements monobander for 20
@ 50', Hygain DB10/15 3 elements on 15, 4 on 10 meters @ 40'.  Butternut vert
for 40.
Writelog with MMTTY Plugin.
The RTTY decoder built-in the PROIII with MMTTY really made copying good even on
the weakest, qrmed signals.  WOW!
Joe K0BX STL-MO