[3830] CaQP N5AU Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP N5AU Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 15:52:57 -0700
                    California QSO Party

Call: N5AU
Operator(s): N5AU
Station: N5AU

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:    0      0
   80:   45     26
   40:   74     42
   20:  104    116
   15:    6      0
   10:    0      0
    6:    0      0
    2:    0      0
--------------------

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

Had fun passing out QSO's to the CA stations.   Just S&P, no CQ'ing, so missed
two mults that apparently were not CQ'ing (much) either.  (Lake and Trin)

Had to take most of Sunday off to help put out a grass fire near one of the
towers.  The entire area around the tower and all the guy points is completely
charred.   If you ever wondered why it's not a good idea to put Phyllistran or
other types of non-steel guy wires right down to ground level, this is why.
Fortunately all my guys are steel for at least the first 50 feet up, so no
damages.   Phyllistran probably would have burned immediately and the tower
would be a tangled mess on the ground right now.  You always hope for a "hot"
contest, but I got much more than I bargained for this time!

I can't recall the last contest where 15 was so bad.  I only managed 6 CW QSO's
with the big guns.  (I do have up a 6L M2 yagi at 70 feet for 15)  I heard some
of the Florida guys running CA, but nothing doing in the Dallas area.   Welcome
to the bottom of the solar cycle, I guess.   I hope it doesn't last too
long...

The yagis for 40, 20 and 10 are going up starting next weekend.   Only had
dipoles or verticals for these bands, (10 didn't matter) and no 160 slopers yet.
 Hope to have everything up before the CQ WW SSB if the fires will go away.