[3830] CaQP K6BW(N2NL) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n2nl@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP K6BW(N2NL) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 20:49:01 -0700
                    California QSO Party

Call: K6BW
Operator(s): N2NL
Station: K6BW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MARIN
Operating Time (hrs): 6

  160:    7
   80:   80      9
   40:   16      8
   20:  228     35
   15:    5
   10:
    6:
    2:
--------------------
Total:  336     52  Mults = 50  Total Score = 55,600

Club: Hamilton Wireless Association

Comments:

Limited effort for two reasons - I didn't want this to count as a "Ditch the
Family Contest Weekend", and because I really didn't have any antennas at my
disposal.  As soon as my climbing harness arrives, I've got to get to work to
prepare for Sweepstakes.
   This seems like a fun contest - my first CQP from inside the state.  Lots of
opportunities to run rate, at least as fresh meat.  The conditions were
interesting.  20 was king at the start, and although 15M was open to the
Southeast, no one was home.  Later in the early evening (local), 20 was dead, 40
sounded like it had already gone long, and 80 was rocking.  I've never heard
VY1JA so loud on 80M before (OK, I've never heard VY1 on 80 ever).
   I operated from the local club shack of the Hamilton Wireless Association, a
small group of guys primarily interested in AM and boat anchors.  The shack is
located on a hilltop in the USCG housing area where I live, so it's certainly
convenient!  It's a beautiful location, but will require lots of hours of work
to get some reasonant antennas up prior to SSCW.  See you then!

73, Dave N2NL@K6BW