[3830] CaQP K4BAI Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4bai@worldnet.att.net
Subject: [3830] CaQP K4BAI Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 07:46:06 -0700
                    California QSO Party

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 20.0

  160:    1      0
   80:   64     22
   40:   81     31
   20:  126    188
   15:   80    132
   10:    0      0
    6:    0      0
    2:    0      0
--------------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000MP, Alpha 78, 1.5 KW output, TH6DXX, dipole, inverted vee, T vertical.

Think I heard a weak K6VO on 10 CW, but he was too weak to try to copy a number.
 Listened for signals on 10 a lot, but heard nothing else.  15 was very
sporatic, but a lot more QSOs would have been possible if California stations on
other bands had tried 15 more.  20 was "OK" to California from Georgia, but
closed very early Saturday afternoon.  40 was better than usual with good
signals, but activity from California seemed down.  80 had good signals, but the
QRN got bad as the evening/morning progressed.  I had put out the radials for
the 160 meter antenna, but was able to work only KF6T on top band.  N6RK got my
call on 160, but couldn't copy my number.  N6RK was the strongest Calif. station
on top band.  Several others were heard and called without success.  But I never
heard N6O on 160. Most 160 activity seemed to be one to two hours after the
suggested time in the rules.  Thanks especially to the portable and mobile
operators.  K6AQL had a good mobile signal from 80 through 15M.  The last county
for all counties for me was MARP.  Obvious good contest club interest from CCO,
TCG, and SECC.  Hope everyone had fun.

73,

John, K4BAI.