[3830] CaQP K6LA Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP K6LA Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 15:17:00 -0700
                    California QSO Party

Call: K6LA
Operator(s): K6LA
Station: K6LA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: LAX
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

  160:   31      12
   80:  182     100
   40:  297     245
   20:  328     788
   15:  133     134
   10:    2       0
    6:    0       0
    2:    0       0
--------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Conditions exceeded expectations on the lower bands. 15 was open on Saturday,
but there wasn't much activity. Activity was much better on Sunday on 15, but
sure not as much as last year. I found myself moving SSB QSOs to CW because the
rate was so slow. Amazing how many guys don't have keys:)

The challenge this year was finding UT. UT finally called in on 80 late Saturday
night and gave me #6. Sunday morning I snagged another UT with #9. That was it
for UT.

No frequency fights, no pig farmers, no 10 meters, lots of QSB ... Great fun,
can't wait till next year.

73, Ken, K6LA