[3830] PaQP VA3NR Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, va3nr@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] PaQP VA3NR Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 16:34:57 -0700
                    Pennsylvania QSO Party

Call: VA3NR
Operator(s): VA3NR
Station: VA3NR

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: ON
Operating Time (hrs): 14

  160:   15      5
   80:   48      5
   40:   91    105
   20:    0      0
   15:    0      0
   10:    0      0
    6:    0      0
    2:    0      0
--------------------
Total:  154    115  Mults = 63  Total Score = 48,565.0

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

First time I've tried this contest.  Good condx and nice path between ON and PA
made for very fun QSO Party.  Felt louder this weekend running 5watts than I did
in the CQP last weekend running 400.  I think I worked almost every CW sig I
found.  Even SSB QRP was fun (mostly, hi). Nearly 100% S&P, but that suits me
fine.

Was fascinated on Sunday comparing 40m signal levels between my vertical and
inverted-V.  The difference between antennas was several S-units, but it wasn't
always the same antenna that was better!  Some PA stations were louder on the V,
but other stations were louder on the vertical.  Similar diff on tx.  Never
experienced that before - usually the V is better during the day and the
vertical takes over at night but this was something else.  I'm wondering if it
was polarity and not radiation angle that was actually making the difference.
There's always something new to learn.

Thanks QSOs and appreciate all the effort to pull out my sig QRP.

73, Chris VA3NR

[Mark-V Field 5watts, HF6V vertical, 40m inverted-V at 30', 160m Inv-L]