[3830] CaQP VE6TN Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve6tn@shaw.ca
Subject: [3830] CaQP VE6TN Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 22:02:28 -0700
                    California QSO Party

Call: VE6TN
Operator(s): VE6TN
Station: VE6TN

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: AB
Operating Time (hrs): 15

  160:    2
   80:   61     21
   40:   88     57
   20:  131    211
   15:    2
   10:
    6:
    2:
--------------------

Club: Alberta Clippers

Comments:

Spent 4 hours Saturday afternoon trying to finish my 80m sloper and rework my
160m shunt.  Unfortunately, they still didn't work properly so I had to use my
Butternut HF6V vertical.  I worked a suprising number of stations on 80m with
it.  Unfortunately, the time I spent working on the antenna was prime productive
QSO time which likely cost me the Alberta bragging rights for this year.

15m only sputtered on a few times but was essentially dead.  10m and 6m didn't
have a squeak out of them.

I had a lot of fun and hope to have a shot at a bottle of wine for next years
CQP.  I need a bit more focus to have a chance at beating Dan, VE6EX.  I was
really close this year.  Friendly radio competition is what gets the excitement
level up, the heart pounding and the wives up in arms!

Thanks to all of the California statons that called and gave out the points.  A
special thanks to Russell K9DXR who heard my plea for Mariposa County for a
sweep and posted it on the cluster which attracted several stations to satisfy
the need.  Thanks for the sweep!

73'

Barry - VE6TN