[3830] Oceania CW ZL4BR SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, zl2br@ihug.co.nz
Subject: [3830] Oceania CW ZL4BR SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 02:37:01 -0700
                    Oceania DX Contest, CW

Call: ZL4BR
Operator(s): ZL4BR
Station: ZL4BR

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: New Plymouth
Operating Time (hrs): 22

  160:
   80:   32    30
   40:  659   321
   20:  132    98
   15:  146    87
   10:   20    16
-------------------
Total:  989   552  Total Score = 2,262,648

Club:

Comments:

Because of the very generous (some might say extravagant) qso/band point
weighting system used in this contest and the current high band propagation
conditions, I decided to concentrate on 40m which I really  milked for all it
was worth.

Only spent a couple of hours on 20m, and in hindsight maybe I should have spent
more time on 20m and even 15m because my prefix multiplier total was much lower
than I had expected.

Things started off great, after just 6 hours on 40m and 1 hour on 20m I?d made
500 contacts, so had hopes of a 1500 qso total. However qso rate went slowly
down and was real slow after sunrise around 1830utc. Short path to Eu on 40m
closed around 1900utc and didn?t really open again via LP until 0400utc.

We really appreciate all those who distant stations who give us 001 or 002 s/n?s
and in doing so give all ZL/VK/Oceania stations a chance to be a ?big- gun? for
at least one day! Thank you.

Set-up:
TS-2000 + AL-80B
80m dipole