[3830] IlQP K8GU Fixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ethan@k8gu.com
Subject: [3830] IlQP K8GU Fixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 18:37:23 -0700
                    Illinois QSO Party

Call: K8GU
Operator(s): K8GU
Station: K8GU

Class: Fixed LP
QTH: CHAM
Operating Time (hrs): 2.5

  160:
   80:   62      7
   40:   58     24
   20:    6      0
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
--------------------
Total:  123     31  Mults = 63  Total Score = 17,451

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Station:  TS-930/PIEXX, 40/20/15 fan dipole at 25 ft, 40 ft T-vertical on 80.

I got rid of my Ford Escort K8GU/M (aka W0YC/M) after I got married since my
wife and I wanted to try to be a "one-car couple" and she had no interest in
learning to drive a manual (or be festooned with Hamsticks).  So, I'm stuck
doing fixed operating until future notice.

Operated for about an hour at W9YH with W9AFB early in the afternoon.  Came home
and plopped down in front of the radio on 40CW around 2120Z.  Holy fresh meat,
Batman!  It took me a minute or two to get my groove on...but, I ran off a nice
string on CW before going to phone.  Got interrupted after just 25
minutes...but, I'd already made 50 QSOs...that was fun.  By the time I returned
to the radio, I was no longer fresh meat.  But, I slogged away on 40 and 80
until the end.  It was frustrating to work 4 guys in a minute, then go 4 minutes
without working anyone.

A big thanks to everyone who called in!  QSL's via the CBA, SASE appreciated.

73 es CU in SS CW for the first time in a few years,

--Ethan, K8GU/9.