[3830] CQWW SSB W2UP SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB W2UP SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 13:12:33 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: W2UP
Operator(s): W2UP
Station: W2UP

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs): 4

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

I usually set a goal of 1M for SSB tests.  This year, due to no sunspots and the
likelihood of 10m not being open and 15m not being very good, I decided 500K
would be enough.

As it turned out, I had a great rate on 20m (244/hr - 1800Z on Sat., with the 10
min counter above 400 once!) so it didn't take as long as I expected.  Had a
very nice bike ride of about 30 miles on Sunday morning, with great scenery -
the leaves almost at their peak color, then some tennis with the XYL in the
afternoon.  Hopefully, this is sufficient preparation for CW weekend, so she
feeds me.

The score may be a tad off as I believe WP2Z was scored as USA.  It came up as
zone 5 and I knew that wasn't right, but I couldn't decide if it should count as
zone 16 or 17...

Highlight of the contest was working VK9XB on 30m CW for a new band-country with
my 80m sloper while all you big guns were contesting :.)