[3830] CQWW SSB WB1DX SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wb1dx@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB WB1DX SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 18:41:45 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: WB1DX
Operator(s): WB1DX
Station: WB1DX

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: Sterling, Ma
Operating Time (hrs): 33.5

  160:   13     4        4
   80:   22     8       16
   40:  142    17       67
   20:  396    27      102
   15:  491    29      109
   10:  126    15       42
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

My second CQWW SSB contest. Improved my raw score over last year by about 27.5%
or 319,549 points. The difference this time was more experience, a 4 element
SteppIR that replaced the log periodic, and the 40,80,160 meter antenna now
strung between some trees rather than in an inverted vee postion. 40 played much
better (doubled my rate), but like last year suffered big-time on 80, 160.

Missed two hours on Sunday during prime EU opening. Station felt strong in most
directions. The SteppIR was a nice improvement to the setup for sure. Heard lots
of YCCC members doing their thing for the club.

Yaesu FT-1000D
N1MM logger
4-Element SteppIR at 45'
40,80,160 loaded dipole at 60'