[3830] CQWW SSB N3AD M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N3AD@VERIZON.NET
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB N3AD M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 11:31:12 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N3AD
Operator(s): K3ZV, KD2HE, N3AD, N3DXX, N3NR, W3CF
Station: N3AD

Class: M/M HP
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   89    12       36
   80:  430    22       84
   40:  410    31      102
   20: 1685    38      144
   15: 1024    32      123
   10:  213    20       58
------------------------------
Total: 3851   155      547  Total Score = 736,538

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

My thanks to a great group of operators - some experienced and some less so.
Hopefully, the less experience opertors are learning the good habits and not the
bad ones from the experienced operators.  It was great working with all of you
and I look forward to having you all back for ARRL.  (The old man (N3AD) will be
doing SOA for for CQWW CW.

The four stations held up well with a few exceptions.  Serious software problems
 will be corrected by dropping Writelog and installing newer computers.  I will
use N1MM in CQWW CW and if it goes well, we will use it in ARRL.

The new MP - Mark V which I picked up two days before contest worked flawlessly.
 Installed an ACOM 2S1 on the 20 meter station with 2 MPs.  It worked well when
the 2 ops were well coordinated - That will take practice.  I will install
ability of second operator to hear both radios which I think will help timing.

The new 80 meter 3 element wire Yagi seemed to work well - although we had some
problem with the switching so wasn't able to do much comparison to other
antenna.

Overall a fun contest with a really good group of guys.  Now, if I could only
figure out why I get less sleep and am more wiped out in MM than I am in SOA
where I typically operate about 45 hours.

73 de Alan/N3AD