[3830] CQWW SSB VP9I(K1XM) SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k1xm@underwater.org
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VP9I(K1XM) SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 18:56:20 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VP9I
Operator(s): K1XM
Station: VP9I

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: Bermuda
Operating Time (hrs): 38

  160:  221     6       11
   80:  226    10       37
   40:  528    18       74
   20: 1205    27      101
   15:  753    27      100
   10:  244    11       18
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Station:  FT-1000mp

Antennas:  Cushcraft A4S, 40 meter dipole, 80 meter G5RV, 160 meter inverted-L

I decided to set the Bermuda SO(A) record this year since I had a full-time
Internet connection available.  I achieved my goal at 0004Z the first night.

There was a line noise problem, possibly caused by the rain.  When it occurred,
which was most of the contest, it was S8 on 15 meters with the beam aimed at
Europe, and worse to the South.  My apologies to any weak European who called
me.  With luck we'll have this cleared up before the real contest in November.

I had two 250+ hours and thirteen 100+ hours. I made 317 QSOs in 60 minutes.
Life is good when you're a multiplier.

Most of my 10 meter QSOs were E skip.  The first day I had an opening into W1
and eastern Canada only.  The second day I had a European opening, but only to a
few places, notably EA and GM.  And I could work LUs easily but I could not hear
most of the Caribbean and could not hear PY until late Sunday.  Very strange.

Apparently I spotted myself on packet.  I was attempting to spot KC1XX after I
worked him on his frequency.  Oops.

This split stuff is complicated.  I think I called CQ on 80 on the wrong VFO for
about five minutes before I gave up because nobody was answering me.

Thanks again to Ed, VP9GE.