[3830] CQWW SSB N7ZG SOSB/20 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB N7ZG SOSB/20 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 19:34:06 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N7ZG
Operator(s): N7ZG
Station: N7ZG

Class: SOSB/20 LP
QTH: WWA
Operating Time (hrs): 25

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

I really enjoy reading these posts.

I put up a 3 element SteppIR this year and am really pleased with it.   My goal
for the contest was to beat last years score and perhaps be a little more
competitive on SSB.   I originally approached this as a SOAB entry but I found
that 99% of all my Q's were on 20 and 15 and I felt my 20M results far
outstripped last years.   So, this is what I'm going to post.

Conditions on 20M where amazing especially on Sunday morning.   The opening to
EU was pretty long on Sat, but much longer on Sunday.  By about 10:30 AM the
first day 20M started to close to EU.  Boy was I exhausted!  It was fun
though.

My station is on a typical 80x100 suburban lot.  I can get an inverted vee for
80 and 40 up but that is the extent of my low band antennas.  With 100W there's
not much joy.  I checked 10M a couple of times between 1900-2200Z and didn't
hear a peep.

Best moment was breaking a pile for a ZS and my only zone 38 Q.  Also worked
4X0WV on 20.

My rig is an Elecraft K2/100 and while I love it as a CW rig, I'm having alot of
problems getting the transmit audio right.   Might be time to get a second rig
for SSB.

I absolutely love N1MM.  It really reduces the workload and makes contesting
even more fun!

See you in the SS and WW CW contests!

73's
Guy, N7ZG