[3830] CQWW SSB 9M2CNC(G4ZFE) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, g4zfe@g4zfe.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB 9M2CNC(G4ZFE) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 21:22:31 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: 9M2CNC
Operator(s): G4ZFE
Station: 9M2RPN

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Kuala Lumpur
Operating Time (hrs): 36

  160:    0     0        0
   80:   12     6       10
   40:  135    19       47
   20:  807    33      112
   15: 1102    32      101
   10:  160    19       32
------------------------------

Club: VKCC

Comments:

Station:
IC-756 Pro, IC-PW1 and Acom 1010. 400W output
Force 12 C3-S at 12m
40m inverted V at 12m
80m inverted V at 15m

Saturday was slowww. The 16:00 Eu 20m opening never happened which reduced the
number of QSOs as the band closed very early. Instead I had some of the best
propagation I have seen to the Carribean. Not many QSOs but FB for
multipliers.

Sunday was better. I had a 20m opening to Eu and the band stayed open longer
than I was expecting. Pity I was so tired by then. Also some surprisingly loud
Eastern W/VE signals over the pole.

As many people have stated 40m was a zoo. It was sad listening to the frequency
police down at the bottom of the band. My only run time on 40m was before the
band opened to Eu and I had a nice run of JA. All other QSOs were S&P. It is
soul destroying not being able to work some of the S9+ Eu stations on 40m. I
trust that they had already worked a 9M2 multiplier on 40m :-)

I put some more effort into 80m this year although the QSO totals does not show
it. The Asian OTHR radio blocked out the SSB DX portion of 80m for considerable
periods of time but there were some good signals on the band. SM0W was a solid
S9 for long periods of time.

Lots of activity from 9M2 - 9M2AX, 9M2TO, 9M2MT and 9M2PIC. Also 9M2DXX and
9M8YY from Borneo.

Thank for the QSOs.

Next contest from here CQWW CW.

73 de Rich, 9M2CNC (ex. 9M2/G4ZFE)