[3830] CQWW SSB LB8IB(@LA8W) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB LB8IB(@LA8W) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 11:35:07 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: LB8IB
Operator(s): LB8IB
Station: LA8W

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Rakkestad
Operating Time (hrs): 45
Radios: SO2R

  160:  408    10       58
   80:  817    18       76
   40:  479    24       88
   20: 1005    30       96
   15:  913    32       93
   10:   37     9       33
------------------------------

Club: Lima Alfa Contest Club

Comments:

After working mostly multi op. from the LN8W contest station it was time to do a
single op. entry again with my reissued novice callsign from 1982 LB8IB.
As most of our operators prefer CW the station was available for the SSB leg.

I tried SO2R for the first time and as excpected it was difficult, but I did
manage to work some nice mults on the 2nd radio. Also had a great benefit in
monitoring other bands. I have a lot to learn but will try to improve my skills
in the next single op. entry.
Automatic antenna switching is nr.1 on my wish list for christmas.
Thanks to all on the Writelog reflector for helping me with my SO2R setup.
After this experience SO1R is history !

Propagation was as expected in the bottom of the cycle.
10 was almost dead up here but managed to work 33 dxcc and 9 zones.
15 was better than expected with great openings to USA on both days
Low band was good especially the 2nd night

I had a great time and only took 2.5 hours off saturday evening.

See you all in the CW leg from LN8W.
We wil operate Multi two or Multi single.
www.la8w.com

Olaf
LB8IB
(ex LA8SDA)