[3830] SS CW K7NV SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7nv@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW K7NV SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 21:48:06 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K7NV
Operator(s): K7NV
Station: K7NV

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: NV
Operating Time (hrs): 14.5
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:   42
   40:  235
   20:  351
   15:  281
   10:    0
------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Mostly just good contest fun with my funny little station for the Sunday part of
my SS weekend. This contest started at 10:18z after I got home from K7RC.

The packet stuff here was just running on the side on my laptop, not connected
to anything. I'm getting better at learning how to use it that way. I think it
probably helped this little session....it did find me a few mults before I was
later called by dupe mults.
Missed NNY here (one called me @ K7RC on Sat), saw it spotted several times, but
it was never there when I chased the spots, like lots of other ones. Since,
there was so much stuff (that was new for me here)not spotted on packet, I spent
most of my time trolling the old (non "U")way on R2.

I can't remember another SS where so many guys didn't know what a "Prec" or "Ck"
are when I asked them for a fill. I found that I had the best success with them
using "PWR?" and "YEAR?". I tossed about a dozen qso's from my log when I
couldn't get the other guy to understand and send me the missing component of
the exchange. I suspect that as the years go by, this will become another new
prevalent fascinating aspect of SS'ing. It always helps to yell at your radio
when you lose a q you have been working on for several minutes (seems like
hours)!

Thanks to everyone for some fun contesting time!

73, Kurt