[3830] SS CW N9CO Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N9CO@aol.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW N9CO Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 03:29:36 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N9CO
Operator(s): N9CO
Station: N9CO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): ~22

------------
  160:
   80:  137
   40:  510
   20:  189
   15:  028
   10:
------------

Club:

Comments:

Nasty T-storms on Saturday night forced QRT earlier (0500z) than planned.  Took
3 hours off, came back for a couple more, than off again for a few more.  Not
the best off time management, but it sure felt good to get up on Sunday with
more sleep than usual.  Tried hard to make up lost ground on Sunday, but as the
old SS saying goes, "you can never make up in the second 12 hours what you loose
in the first" proved true, once again.

Could never really get anything going on 20m here.  It seemed like both coasts
were having a big QSO party that I wasn't invited too.  In retrospect, I guess
the new homebrew 4el 20m monobander at 85' is too high for domestic.  I even had
a couple of EU stations call me.  Sunday afternoon, I found the sidemounted
KT34A tribander (37') to be much better.  Too bad it was fixed west.  Didn't
have time to get the rotator cable hooked up and rotator aligned.  40m was my
money band, as usual.  If it wasn't for the T-storms.....

Missed NNY, NL, ND, and NT.  I heard VY1JA S&P with a good signal on Saturday,
but couldn't get myself lined up for a QSO.  Never heard a peep from the
others.

Rig:  FT-1000MP
Antennas:
80M  -- Tilted Delta Loop (fed 1/4 wave down from 80' apex)
40M  -- Cushcraft XM-240 2el yagi at 95'
20M  -- Homebrew 4el yagi (26' boom) at 85'
10/15/20  -- KLM KT34A tribander on homebrew swinging gate sidemount at 37'