[3830] OK/OM DX OL3R(OK1VWK) SOSB/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] OK/OM DX OL3R(OK1VWK) SOSB/20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 11:44:50 -0800
                    OK/OM DX Contest, CW

Call: OL3R
Operator(s): OK1VWK
Station: OL7R

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: Stribro
Operating Time (hrs): 9

  160:   63    55
   80:
   40:
   20:  402   215
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  402   215  Total Score = 139,740

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

Only two operators from our M/S contest station OL7R had time for OKOMDX contest
during this weekend. It was Vendy OK1WMV/OL9R and me. We did gentleman agreement
day before contest. Vendy will run SOSB15HP and I will run SOSBHP on 20m band.
It was also first propagation my new special contest callsign OL3R. QSL cards
only direct please. Result on 160m is only for check. We tried to test our K9AY
RX loop after some modification. I am not yet satisfied from functionality this
RX antenna. Some F/B ratio exist but not for every station.

Poor CONDX seemed me. Mainly on higher bands. No east coast USA opening but W6
and W7 stations were in solid signal level on 20m in my TRX. Some JAs and VKs
but no more than other contests. During OKOMDX was also WAE and JIDX. It was
frustrating sometime because in DXCluster were stations as multiplier but on SSB
or RTTY. It was often without answer to my CQTEST on CW ... We will see next
year.

Used equipment you can see on the OL7R website http://www.ol7r.net
See you in CQWWCW as OL7R in M/S category ...

73 de Milan OK1VWK/OL3R