[3830] WAE RTTY DL8MBS Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WAE RTTY DL8MBS Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 00:53:00 -0800
                    WAE DX Contest, RTTY

Call: DL8MBS
Operator(s): DL8MBS
Station: DL8MBS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Erfurt
Operating Time (hrs): 22

   80:  134  134     0   128
   40:   96  136    40   108
   20:   63   92    30    60
   15:   52  111    59    44
   10:    5    5     0    10
------------------------------
Total:  350  478   128   350  Total Score = 167,300

Club:

Comments:

Second RTTY-Contest at all. With my XYL working the whole weekend I was "Dad on
duty" for our two YLs (3&6). So I operated in a lot of short time-bits. But RTTY
showed to be very family-friendly being much more forgiving to distractions and
family-QRM while receiving...
With low power and wire-antennas I had to wait with QTC mostly until Sunday when
the DX-Stations sat on too big QTC-staples to choose only strong stations as
takers.
Noticed some nasty wide signals only in the the last hours. Annoying were some
(perhaps) SO2R-stations not listening on their run-frequency and CQing me and
other callers in the face. Then at a sudden they responded to the calls again.

Rig: IC 718
Ant (all strung the two days efore the contest):
Inv L with tuner at the feedpoint for 80 and as endfed lw on the higher bands
40 m wire vertical
15 m wire vertical
40m-doublet on the stateside-side of the house
N1MM + MMTTY with only operator induced faults.

73, Chris