[3830] OK/OM DX OL2N(OK1FDR) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] OK/OM DX OL2N(OK1FDR) SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 01:26:02 -0800
                    OK/OM DX Contest, CW

Call: OL2N
Operator(s): OK1FDR
Station: OL2N

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Stechovice
Operating Time (hrs): 22

  160:  104    79
   80:  267   153
   40:  281   171
   20:  259   143
   15:  113    85
   10:   21    19
-------------------
Total: 1045   650  Total Score = 901,550

Club:

Comments:

RIG: FT1000 Mark V Field
ANT: 10/15/20 - 3el tribander, 40/80m - vert. loop, 160m - inv V

My first participation in OKOM DX contest after many years and first SOAB entry
ever. I shared the shack (or even the same desk) with my father, who initially
refused to join me in the contest as a multi op entry, but later decided to try
SO 160m simultaneously.
No DX cluster connection, so a little bit hard to check high bands openings. I
guess I missed some valuable mults on 20/15m and for sure I could get a bit more
from 160m, but I spent there less time and let this band mostly to my daddy (as
my thanks that he let me use his QTH and let me occupy the bigger part of the
desk :-).
The most thrilling moment was my first QSY to 40m in the early afternoon:
immediately flooded by stations at similar strength, with almost the same pitch
- I was struggling for a while. I need some more training .... definitely.

Thanks for calling, see you next time.
73!
Radim

These stations managed to work me on all 6 bands: LZ9W,RV3FF,RZ9AWO,YL2CZ. Well
done.