[3830] SS SSB W0AH Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB W0AH Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 14:37:21 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: W0AH
Operator(s): W0AH
Station: W0AH

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SC
Operating Time (hrs): 11

------------
  160:
   80:  139
   40:
   20:   80
   15:   61
   10:
------------

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

While wife was at motel, I stole away for 11 hours and operated portable from
our small travel trailer on our upstate SC lot where we will be moving in 1-2
years.  Used my new Yaesu FT 857D and end fed wire antenna tuner (Yaesu
FC-40)which loaded a 60' sloping wire from the 42' level of an oak tree.  It was
OK on 15, 20, and 80M, but would not load on 40M.  I felt about as strong as
when running QRP with my monobanders in Colorado.  Unusual goals:  instead of
maximizing score, I hunted down states and completed WAS, finally working AK,
HI, RI, and AL Sunday afternoon/evening. Also wanted to better last years top SC
entry which I did. As with the CW SS in CO, I never heard BC!  I couldn't break
the pileups to WSF and NT. Only worked one other SC station, but heard others
S+P ing. No luck running with my setup. Worked some of my Grand Mesa of Colorado
buddies and many Colorado stations: K0DU, K0KE, KC0INX, KB0YH, K0GAS, W0ZA,
N6KL, K0IRL, W0ZP, K1EQA, W0NTA.  Heard friend W0ETT calling others.
I will be here for the CQWW (goal: DXCC if I get some better wire antennas up)
and maybe the 160M test.
This one was as fun as a DXpedition for me!
Doug      north of Inman SC EM85wb