[3830] SS SSB K4SSU(NA4BW) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, na4bw@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K4SSU(NA4BW) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 17:59:01 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K4SSU
Operator(s): NA4BW
Station: K4SSU

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:
   80:  592
   40:  443
   20:  555
   15:   17
   10:
------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

If someone would have bet me that I would have more q's on 80 than 20 I would
have taken that bet and laughed all the way to the bank. I'm not laughing
anymore. Q count is down over 10% from last year and the biggest change is the
reduction on 20. For some reason we experienced a broken like reception to it
thru out the entire weekend, not unlike and yet worse than the flutter when
working over the poles. That was really strange as I had never experienced that
working stateside from Dave's place before. Sorry if I missed your call on 20m
but something, atmospheric or otherwise was giving us a significant challenge on
that band.
As challenging as 20 was, 80 was very good. 40 had it's moments, but certainly
is a mess with the international BC.

GBU report follows-
Good = Best laugh - on 75m around 2:15 am local Sunday morning - some guy plops
down real close by (I'd been there for at least 2 hours)and starts calling not
1, not 2 not 3, not 4, but 5 yes five of his buddies on sked!! I about fell out
of my chair laughing because at least this guy was creative enough to make his
qrming humorous. BTW- no one showed up for the sked -it was a riot.

Bad - weird receive condx on 20m

Ugly - Why is it some folks insist on not working someone they say is a dupe yet
will happily spend 10 minutes telling you why they won't?? 20 second exchange v.
10 minute discussion. Do the math. I had 2 experiences like that this weekend
while calling the cqing station and they insisted they would not work me again.
One even made it a point to say 'he could research for me to find out when he
had worked me'. In hindsight, maybe I should have had him 'research it' for me
;)  Perhaps when their NIL count starts growing they will pay more attention to
this. I hate working dupes as much as anyone but, how much credit do I get if
I'm not in their log??? Glad these were very isolated instances.

Thx for the q's and the laughs! 73's Brian