[3830] SS SSB WA8REI Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, KLOUKS@USOL.COM
Subject: [3830] SS SSB WA8REI Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 18:41:17 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: WA8REI
Operator(s): WA8REI
Station: WA8REI

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Freeland MI
Operating Time (hrs): 23.5

------------
  160:    0
   80:  127
   40:   78
   20:   75
   15:   35
   10:    0
------------

Club:

Comments:

Rig: Kenwood TS-820 [all TX and RX]
Output Power: slightly under 5 watts [monitored/measured by Drake W-4
wattmeter]
Microphone:  Kenwood MC-50
Antennas: 80 m. sloper dipole 22' to 35', ends NE/SW for all 80 m. QSOs; Hustler
4BTV vertical gnd mtd on MFJ 2'x2' stainless steel base in moist soil, 5 radials
approx. 33 ft. long each, three 3/8" nylon rope guys
Tuner:  MFJ-941E [used for 80 m. dipole which is cut for CW end of the band;
tuner bypassed for use with the vertical]
Logging computer:  Dell Latitude LM laptop [purchased at Dayton Hamvention for
$100 in 2004...works like a champ]
Logging Software:  N3FJP's November Sweepstakes Log version 4.0
Sections missed:  SFL PAC AK NL NT
More fun than a Flyin' Pig belly deep in SLOP!  I don't expect to make the top
10 in my category with the meager antennas.  However, my score proves you need
not have a super station and a ton of power to have a lot of fun AND achieve a
decent score.  Tnx all who employed their filters and tweaked their RF gain
controls to work me.  80 was hot all Sat. night/Sun. morning.  Great openings on
15 m.  10 m. dead whenever I checked it.
A special tnx to ops in the "rare" states as well as ALL Canadian stations who
participated.  Your mults were greatly appreciated.  Whenever I worked a new
Canadian Province, I told the op I'd buy him a Molson Ice or a Labatt's Blue!
Oops! I should have bought those 12-packs FIRST.  Hi hi.  Great to work some S
precedent stations, too.  I wish all of our young student ops great grades and a
great future.  Happy contesting all.  Hpe CU next year, "good Lord willin' and
the ether be ionized!"        73, 72,  "Pig-Pen Ken"