[3830] SS SSB KD4MCA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB KD4MCA Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 02:45:19 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: KD4MCA
Operator(s): KD4MCA
Station: KD4MCA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:   15
   80:  138
   40:   92
   20:   87
   15:   50
   10:    0
------------

Club:

Comments:

Have you ever felt like there was a conspiracy by the whole world not to talk to
you?  That's how I felt during this contest :-(.  It seemed like every time I
found a frequency clear enough to call CQ no one would answer.  After about 5 or
10 minutes I would give up and go back to S&P.  I guess people acknowledged me
then just to get me off their frequency :-).

Seriously though, this year I used the SS to test my new antennas here at my
hillbilly shack.  Last year I ran SS on a Hustler 5BTV vertical and 319 Qs/75
sections later was pleased with the results off that antenna.  This year I have
a Cushcraft A3S/40 meter kit at 41 feet and a loop for 80 and 160 and 383Qs/76
sections later was generally disappointed in my results. My 20 meter performance
was miserable, maybe I didn't spend enough time there, but I kept hearing the
same loud statons over and over.  I was fairly happy with 40, 80, and 160 (the
few contacts I had there).  BTW:  where was everyone on 160?  Why does no one
use 160 when 80 is wall to wall? I worked 3 sections for the first time on 160
on Saturday night.

Well for next year I have to turn on the 811H and become a better operator
because I am out of room for HF antenna work on my 3/5 acre lot here in the
hills of NC.  Actually my XYL says our house looks redneck enought with the
antennas I have up now. Besides, now it's time to work on the UHF tower.

But most importantly, the conspiracy is over and next year it will be ok to have
a contact with KD4MCA :-).

Peace and 73
Adam KD4MCA