[3830] CQWW CW K8IR SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K8IR SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 17:02:57 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K8IR
Operator(s): K8IR
Station: K8IR

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 32

  160:   20     6        7
   80:   54    13       28
   40:  122    18       61
   20:  303    25       87
   15:  107    20       59
   10:   19     6       13
------------------------------

Club: BAY AREA WIRELESS

Comments:

It finally looks like we're near the bottom of the sunspot cycle. The first 24
hours were a bit frustrating. It was tough on the low bands, and 20 was at best
average.  15 and 10 were pretty much absent, except for the paths to the south.
Fortunately, 20 really came to life on Sunday morning, and 15 showed a little
life to Europe, and some really nice openings to Africa. It was a lot of fun,
and I even added a couple of all-time new ones to the list.  It was mostly S&P,
but a couple attempts at CQing did bring some mults.

Thanks to those who dug me out of the noise, especially on the low bands.