[3830] CQWW CW W0ETT SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0ett@msn.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W0ETT SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 17:12:10 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W0ETT
Operator(s): W0ETT
Station: W0ETT

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 30

  160:   23     9       12
   80:   33    12       19
   40:  101    23       58
   20:  278    26       91
   15:   88    20       40
   10:    9     4        6
------------------------------

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Enjoyed the band condx this weekend.  20m was definitely the place to be,
followed by 40m and 15m for me.  40m opened up to EU earlier than usual which
was welcomed by all.  It was the same FB condx on Sunday morning, when I turned
on 40m and was able to work ZL, VK, and JA, which was expected.  But, then I
heard 4X6FR and called him excitedly.  It had to be a little tough for him to
hear my 100w but we finally made it, which is my longest QSO on 40m.  Then, I
went on to work ES5, OH6, YU7, and DL all on 40m at 1430z (afternoon over
there)!  At the same time, we had plenty of Ws, VE, and Carribean stations
coming in-  Had to check the band switch to believe I was on 40 intead of 20m.

Had fun with the new 80m vertical, a shunt fed 50' tower with 15' of mast and
the 6m and A3 yagis.  My thanks to Lanny K0EZ for knowing how to make this
shunt-fed tower system work.  So, with this antenna, I worked F6, I, CU2, EA8ZS
and EA8EW, TZ5, JA, a few S.A., and many Carribean stations, most of them new
countries for me.  East coast stations were quite loud...this antenna should do
well in future contests for me.

As for 160m, expeditioners must have good ears as my 100w and inverted L managed
to work 23 stations.  The loudest dx station at my QTH was HC8N and PJ2T and
both peaked up to 20 over 9 at times.  I did hear EA8ZS but didn't work him this
time on top band.

Heard several GMCCers:  KO7X, K0EU, W0AH, K0RI, W0ZA, and KV0Q - all who seemed
to be doing well in the good band conditions.

73 Ken, W0ETT
Rig:  IC756 to TH7DX @ 70', A3 @ 50', 40m 2el at 88', shunt-fed 80m vert with 45
radials on ground, and inverted L for 160m with two radials.