[3830] CQWW CW OH2BH(OH1WZ) SOSB/80 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW OH2BH(OH1WZ) SOSB/80 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 05:07:04 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: OH2BH
Operator(s): OH1WZ
Station: OH2BH

Class: SOSB/80 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 40

  160:
   80: 2351    35      124
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 2351    35      124  Total Score = 638,000

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

I had Pertti (OH2PM) at OJ0B to speed me. We exchanged numbers and he was
25 % ahead of me in QSOS all the time. Some 700 stations worked him and
did not find me, hi :) Guess OJ0 had an effect there. Our scores
are almost equal, I made some 15 k more. Pertti had no beam. Pertti's
logs are known to contain very few errors so he still might beat me.

This was the 4th try at ON4UN's EU-record. The cndx were better in comparison
to 2002-2004, and the raw score is 10 k above the 1993 record. Espacially the
2nd day was quite good. Still, very difficult to work stns from zones 3 and 4.
No SP to zone 3, LP tough, W6RJ put a S2 signal, when he was S7-8 last year.
Heard zone 6, but it was a whisper.

This year I did not much S&P for mults, but tried to make DX runs. It is
always
a compromise, finding anything to log by S&P on Sunday is difficult. All
stations CQing are dupes, hi. This score can be still be improved should
cndx be a bit better and the OP better aware of them and the potential of
the OH2BH 3-el ant. I was lost at times with myself.

Once again Martti let me use his FB stn. FT1000Mk-V, 3-el shortened
yagi (+ dipole) and the 8877 Amp. It was a thrill, but when I told my
students at the lecture about it today (explaining why I'm a bit tired)
they just a had good laugh for the "weirdo".

1471 Qs day 1
 880 Qs day 2
About 32 % DX qsos.

ILKKA, OH1WZ