[3830] CQWW CW W1MU SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mike@crv.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W1MU SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 17:10:56 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W1MU
Operator(s): W1MU
Station: W1MU

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: FN53
Operating Time (hrs): 20

  160:
   80:
   40:  305    34      120
   20:  501    23       73
   15:    7     6        7
   10:   11     4        7
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

I had a lot of fun.  Most of the weekend was spent experimenting with equipment
and antennas on 20M & 40M.  I was not focused on operating or my score.

Propagation on 40M was unusual, not all good.  The band closed pretty early both
nights, and it was impossible to get a run going on Friday night.  But very rare
DX was workable for many of the daylight hours.  Hearing stations like 8Q7DV and
VK9AA on 40M at midday was peculiar.  EY8MM was LOUD.  What were the guys at
8Q7DV using for antennas?  They were workable here in New England all day
long.

The highlight for me was in working a handful of new band-countries on 40M.  I
took it as a good omen when 9N7JO came pounding in on Saturday morning on long
path, but the frosting on the cake came when I worked A52CDX on short-path on
Sunday afternoon through a wall of Europeans.

Ran for awhile on 20M and was pleased to be called by A35TT on the long path
Sunday at midday.  It was fun to get on 10M on Sunday where there was some
activity.  As always HC8N was available everywhere at all times and it was fun
to catch them on 10M.  R1ANF put a nice 10M signal into the northeast.

No antennas up for 80M or 160M so no comments there.  It would have been nice to
have someplace to go after 40M closed.

Rig here was an ICOM 7800 and an ACOM 1000.  The 40M antenna was a 4el
full-sized yagi.  The 20M antenna was a 2-stack of 5el monobanders.

See you all in the ARRL CW test in February.