[3830] CQWW CW K1KI M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, frenaye@pcnet.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K1KI M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 19:56:11 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K1KI
Operator(s): K1KI K1CC W1RM KM1P
Station: K1KI

Class: M/S HP
QTH: CT
Operating Time (hrs): 44.6

  160:  125    17       77
   80:  678    27      108
   40:  748    36      134
   20: 1162    38      142
   15:  412    27      117
   10:   49    13       36
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

The M/S guys at KT1V sure did a VFB job - congrats!

Had a few problems this year, but only two really cut into the score.   (and
KT1V would have "smoked" us even without the problems)

The 40m beam was flakey.   Never a problem on receive but on transmit we could
see the SWR changing - sometimes all OK, sometimes not.  Something was arcing
because we could hear it on other bands.   Didn't stop us from working mults but
it apparently kept down the enthusiasm for running or the signal level at the
other end.

I think we all enjoy finding multipliers more than running - we spent much more
attention on the mults than the rates (as usual).

Managed to create an interesting odor when a coax jumper failed on the first
day.   Then on the second day the smoke test of the antenna tuner used on the
secondary 160m antenna successful fouond smoke.   It managed to "waft" up and
away from the box for about 20 minutes and the radio room now has a "fresh"
smell to it.

Really enjoyed the nice LP opening to SE Asia on 20m in the afternoon and on
skew path to the same area on 40m in the morning.

Worked one JA on 80-20-15 and two on 40m.  That was it.

Had four operators to swap in and out but still managed to miss 3.6 hours
according to CT (counting times with no QSO for 10 min as off time)[OFFTHRESH]
We all got beauty sleep each day - and W1RM was the only one who could be here
the whole weekend.

But, excuses don't cut it.   I think KT1V smoked the antenna tuner.  They did
everything else right.

Can't wait until the next one!

          -- Tom