[3830] CQWW CW VK2IMM SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VK2IMM SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 01:15:19 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VK2IMM
Operator(s): VK2IMM
Station: VK2IMM

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: nr Sydney
Operating Time (hrs): 35

  160:
   80:    8     7        6
   40:  282    26       57
   20:  222    29       71
   15:  218    24       50
   10:   75     8       11
------------------------------

Club: VKCC

Comments:

Rig: TS440S + Microham USB Interface
Ant: Elevated Vertical 10-40 M, Elevated Loaded Vertical 80 M
Logger: N1MM

Comments:

Operated from a country location at the farm 150 km west of Sydney using
portable antennas. Some serious challenges presented by weather during first day
of the contest caused by thunderstorms cruised around the area. I had had to
shut down the station and disconnect the antennas several times during the day
by safety reasons and to retire for the first night during best hours of 40 M
propagation. This made the contest more of a part time effort. Fortunately, I
could recover the losses next day and still have the result similar to the one
last year.

Propagation was reasonable on all bands with some good 10 M opening to the
North. Much better result than the year before on 15 M. My portable 80 M antenna
did not work too well as I did not have much time to tune it properly, running
low power did not help it either i.e. many more stations were heard than worked.
ZL6QH is the only station worked on 5 bands with HC8N worked on 80-15 but not
heard on 10. 20 M was hard to work as usual and 40 M delivered the most
enjoyment and the contacts.

Many thanks for all the contacts,

Sergey VK2IMM